If you have an iPhone 8 or later, you’ve most likely already up to date to iOS 16. The most recent working system has many new security measures you needs to be utilizing.
A brilliant-secure mode was designed for politicians, activists, and journalists. I believe there’s a nice case to counsel this iPhone possibility for the aged and weak individuals in your life. Faucet or click on right here for a nearer have a look at Lockdown Mode.
Right here’s one other buried setting that simply acquired upgraded: Your iPhone’s skill to detect sounds and alert you. Faucet or click on for steps to arrange customized sounds, like your residence’s home equipment.
One of the crucial noteworthy options of iOS 16 is the flexibility to edit and unsend text messages. It’s not as clear-cut because it appears. Right here’s the reality.
Delusion: When you unsend a text, the recipient won’t ever know.
Actuality: Your recipient will get a notification.
Sure, you can take again a message you despatched, however there’s extra to it. The unsend characteristic solely works with iMessage (iPhone to iPhone), and you and the recipient should be operating iOS 16.
If you unsend a message to somebody operating an older model of iOS, they’ll nonetheless see it, and you’ll get a notification reminding you of that.
Listed below are a few extra issues to remember when unsending a message:
- You may solely take again a message inside two minutes of sending it.
- The recipient can learn your message earlier than you unsend it.
- If you unsend a message, it’s going to disappear from the recipient’s display, however they’ll be notified that you unsent it.
Now that you know the way it works, right here’s how you can unsend a message:
- Whereas in an iMessage dialog, faucet and maintain the message you need to unsend.
- Faucet Undo Ship.
Delusion: When you edit a text, the recipient won’t ever know.
The fact: You guessed it — they’ll get a notification.
Modifying a text follows the identical guidelines. You may, nevertheless it solely works with iMessage, and each iPhones should be operating iOS 16.
If you edit a message you despatched to somebody operating an older model of iOS, all your edited messages will seem on their display, and they’ll get notifications of your edits.
Listed below are some issues you must know when enhancing a message:
- You could have quarter-hour to edit a text.
- You may edit a message as much as 5 occasions.
- The recipient can learn your message earlier than you edit it.
- The recipient can faucet your edited message and see its edit historical past.
Right here’s the way it’s completed:
- Whereas in an iMessage dialog, faucet and maintain the message you need to edit.
- Faucet Edit and make your adjustments.
- Faucet the blue checkmark when you’re completed.
Delusion: When you delete a text, it’s gone.
The fact: These deleted messages stick round for a bit.
When you delete a text thread, it’s saved in a folder on your iPhone’s not too long ago deleted messages file for 30 days. You may get better it or delete it completely proper then and there. That additionally means anybody can see your deleted messages if they’ve your passcode.
Right here’s the excellent news: Text messages you unsend do not seem within the not too long ago deleted messages file.
Right here’s how you can delete or get better not too long ago deleted messages:
- Open the Messages app and faucet Edit within the high left.
- Faucet Present Just lately Deleted to view messages marked for deletion.
- You may delete a message instantly by deciding on it and tapping Delete > Delete Message.
- Get well a message by deciding on it and tapping Get well > Get well Message.
- You may faucet Delete All or Get well All on the backside of the display to use these actions to all your deleted messages.