So long as you’re signed into the identical Apple ID on your iPhone and your Mac, you’ll have the opportunity to send and obtain these blue-bubbled iMessages from your pc’s Messages app. However to send and obtain these commonplace, green-bubbled SMS messages, be sure your telephone’s text message forwarding function is on.
- Open the Settings app and faucet Messages.
- Faucet the “text message forwarding” possibility.
- Choose the Mac (or iPad) you need to send and obtain text messages from.
If in case you have a Mac and an Android machine — which isn’t almost as unusual because it sounds — you may have fewer choices. Probably the most handy approach is to use Google’s Messages app for your text messages, which many Android telephones as of late do by default. (If your telephone doesn’t have already got it, you are able to do a free obtain from Google’s Play Retailer right here.)
When you’ve put in the app, open your internet browser of selection on your Mac and go to Google’s Messages web site and comply with the directions to pair your telephone and Mac by scanning the QR code on your display. After that, you’ll see all of your text conversations proper in your internet browser, the place you possibly can obtain and reply so long as you keep signed in.
The simplest possibility right here is to use the identical Google Messages function we simply mentioned. That stated, if your PC is operating Microsoft’s Home windows 10 or Home windows 11 working methods, you need to use a particular function known as Telephone Hyperlink that does much more than route your texts to the suitable folks. Right here’s how to set it up.
- On your Home windows PC, find the search field or button in your process bar and kind “telephone hyperlink” after which signal into your Microsoft account if requested.
- If your Android telephone doesn’t have already got it, obtain and set up the “Hyperlink to Home windows” app. The Telephone Hyperlink app on your pc will provide a hyperlink to show you how to discover it.
- As soon as the app is put in on your telephone, click on the button that enables you to pair with the QR code in your pc’s Telephone Hyperlink window after which comply with the remaining directions.
Past simply sending and receiving messages, you may also use the Telephone Hyperlink app on your PC to view your telephone’s pictures on your monitor, save these recordsdata to your PC, and even run sure Android apps inside Home windows, all with out having to plug something in.
Apps like AirMessage can primarily ahead SMS messages and iMessages from an iPhone to no matter machine you’re at present utilizing, be it an Android telephone or a Home windows laptop computer. The catch? You often have to arrange further tools and fiddle with settings.
However for those who personal an iPhone and a PC and also you really need to rapidly get in contact with somebody through text, you possibly can strive emailing them a text message. You want to know three issues for this to work:
- The telephone variety of the particular person you’re attempting to contact
- The identify of the corporate that gives their cellphone service like Verizon or AT&T
- The particular domains these firms use to route incoming emails to cellphones. For Verizon, it’s vtext.com. For AT&T, it’s txt.att.internet. And for T-Cellular, it’s tmomail.internet.
After you have all of this, you possibly can send an e mail to [recipient’s phone number]@[special domain name]. Let’s say you need to contact a T-Cellular buyer this fashion; you’ll send your (transient) message in an e mail to, say, [email protected].