Microsoft rolled out a brand new Windows 11 to insiders, and the package deal additionally included a brand new model of the Windows Subsystem for Android. It’s closely targeted on cellular gaming efficiency, because the changelog revealed compatibility for gamepads, joysticks and a few gestures extra frequent with smartphones and tablets.
- What’s new:(*11*)
- New suite of shims out there to toggle within the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app which permits higher experiences in a number of apps
- Compatibility for video games with joysticks (mapped to WASD)
- Compatibility for gamepad in video games
- Compatibility for aiming in video games with arrow keys
- Compatibility for sliding in video games with arrow keys
- Scrolling enhancements
- Networking enhancements
- Android minimal window measurement defaulted to 220dp
- Improved dialog when unsupported VPN is detected
- New toggle to view/save diagnostic knowledge within the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
- Safety updates
- Basic reliability fixes, together with enhancements to diagnostic sizes
- Graphics enhancements
The replace (model 2206.40000.15.0) is accessible solely to testers in the USA. The Subsystem for Android platform permits the emulation of cellular purposes with out the necessity for third-party software program. It may be downloaded from the Microsoft Retailer on any Windows 11 system, however to this point titles have been solely playable with contact help.
The brand new replace will enable testers to have a wider vary of gestures and features at their disposal, and as soon as all the pieces is mounted and polished, all of us can have the potential of taking part in cellular video games with out the burden of slouching with the precise telephone.