CleanMyPC is a new cleaning and maintenance utility for Windows from a software developer MacPaw Inc., which has already made a strike with its product CleanMyMac. CleanMyPC includes a suite of cleaning tools for Windows computers.
During a scan, CleanMyPC analyzes your hard drive to find files which might be safely removed. They are split into four categories – “Caches & Logs”, “Help Files”, “Extra Languages” and “Trash & Junk”. Let’s walk through them to explain what exactly is found.
- Caches & Logs
While Windows and applications run on your computer they usually store chunks of “prepared” data on the hard drive to expedite load. Those chunks are called “Cache files”. However, sometimes these applications do not remove the files and while some apps come with built-in “cache control mechanisms”, the majority of those (including the Windows itself) leave a significant amount of data sitting unneeded on your hard drive. CleanMyPC can identify those files and let you know which of them are safe to delete. Log files record the activity of Windows and applications and are usually used for informational purposes. Removing them will not affect the functionality of your applications but might recover your hard drive space.
- Help Files
Most applications (as well as Windows itself) come with help files which contain information about program functionality and workflow. You can safely remove help files for the applications that you already use freely. CleanMyPC allows you to selectively remove help files by clicking the corresponding “Help Files” section of the sidebar and checking only those you want to be removed.
- Extra Languages
Some applications also come with built-in language translations (for example Spanish, Russian or German). This only influences interface translations – you can still type text in any language within the app. Since you only want your application in one language you can safely remove the rest – gaining free space. CleanMyPC will scan your computer and find applications which have multiple language translations, offering you to remove extras. If needed, you can only check those application translations you want to be cleaned.
- Trash and Junk
In this section CleanMyPC scans for various files you can?t usually access on your own but still can remove. These are:
– “Restore points” (backup files created by Windows. The latest restore point will not be removed by CleanMyPC to ensure you can always recover your system).
– “Recycle Bin” folders located on all your hard drives.
– “Crash reports” – files created by applications and Windows when something crashes, application quits or a critical error occurs.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10, 8/8.1, Windows 7.
- Processor (CPU): Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz) Or Above.
- Graphics Cards (GPU): PCI Express graphic accelerator supporting DirectX 9.0, Intel HD Graphics or above.
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB required for Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1.
- Hard Disk Space: 50 MB for product installation.
How To Install
- Extract the RAR file and install the software.
- Copy the Patch file to the install directory.
- Apply the patch.
- All Done.
The file you download is password protected and the password is www.tech4hunt.com