In this post, I’m going to explain how to install the Yoast SEO Premium plugin. Getting the Premium plugin to work consists of three steps:
- Downloading the plugin
- Installing the plugin
- Connecting your subscription
Okay, first of all, you need to download the Premium plugin. Go to MyYoast and make sure you’re logged in. You can download the plugin in the Downloads section of MyYoast.
- Here, find the Yoast SEO Premium plugin and click download. Then, you’ll be prompted to select a folder to save the zipped file, or your browser will save the zip file automatically to your Downloads folder. Either way, make sure to remember where you save this file! On to the second step: installing the Yoast SEO Premium plugin. For this step, you need to be logged into your WordPress site.
- So, let’s do that first. Okay, so we’re now in the WordPress backend. On the left-hand side here, we see a menu with a lot of options. One of these options is Plugins, right here, and we’re going to click that. Now, to be able to install our Premium plugin, you need to have the free plugin installed.
- So, make sure you see the free Yoast SEO plugin right here in this list. If you don’t see the free plugin here, you can install it by clicking “Add new” at the top, then searching for “Yoast” in this search bar right here, and then clicking “Install Now”. Once it’s installed, don’t forget to click “Activate”. Okay, have you double-checked “Yoast SEO” is in this list? Great!
- Then, one last thing, make sure your free plugin is updated to the latest version. This is very important because your settings and data from the free plugin will be transferred to the Premium plugin. So, if this says “Update”, click that first. Now, it’s time to install the Premium plugin! Installing the Premium plugin works a little differently than the free plugin because it’s a downloadable plugin and not one found in the WordPress plugin repository.
- So, all the way to the top, click “Add new”. Then, click “Upload Plugin” right here. Click the “Choose file” button. Browse to the folder where you saved the download, and select the plugin zip file. We’re almost done!
- Let’s click “Install now” and then wait for it to install. That might take a while. Okay, that seems to be done. The last important step is to activate the plugin by clicking “Activate Plugin” here. Now, we can move on to the final step.
- It’s time to connect your subscription! Let’s go to MyYoast again and click Sites. Now, click the green “Add site” button in the middle and enter the URL of the site you’d like Yoast SEO Premium to be active on. And, select the platform of your site right here. Then, click “Add”.
- Now, your site appears in the list. Click the ‘Manage’ button behind your site’s URL, and turn your subscription on right here. That’s it! Yoast SEO Premium is now installed and activated on your site!