Unfortunately, Sony Vegas Pro does not have a built-in feature to use LUTs. However, there is a workaround to achieve this by using the “Color Correction” effect. First, you need to download and install a LUT plugin, such as the “Color Lookup” effect from “Boris FX.” Then you can apply the plugin to the clips you want to color correct and load the desired LUT from the plugin’s settings.
WHAT IS LUT?
In very basic terms, a LUT (“Look Up Table”) is a preset “look” that you apply to your footage. These presets can be used to give your footage a unique style, but it can also be used to make baseline adjustments to your footage as a starting point before you dive into color grading.
LUTs can dramatically streamline your post-production workflow and help you finish your projects faster. Thanks to VisionColor’s free LUT plugin, Sony Vegas Pro users can now join in on the fun.
Vegas Pro’s multifaceted FX pipeline allows you to apply LUTs to your footage at various points in the editing process. This step-by-step guide shows you when and where to use VisionColor’s LUT plugin in Vegas Pro for the greatest impact.
WHAT IS VisionColor OFX
VisionColor OFX LUTs can be used in Sony Vegas Pro by installing the VisionColor OFX plugin. After installation, the plugin will add new effects to your effect list in Sony Vegas Pro, including the ability to apply LUTs to your footage. To use a LUT from the VisionColor OFX plugin, simply drag and drop the effect onto a clip in the timeline, then select the desired LUT from the effect settings.
VisionColor OFX Plugin Features
- Making Changes By default, the LUT Plugin means that you can load lookup tables of assorted codecs and sizes. Within the superior choices, you possibly can change the default interpolation mode to enhance playback efficiency. The default tetrahedral interpolation is what you need to use in your remaining render however working with Linear or Nearest Neighbour interpolation will yield sooner playback efficiency.
- Copy your Clip Duplicate the clip you need to LUTify and put it on a monitor above the opposite copy. Each clips needs to be stacked on prime of one another.
- Apply the Plugin On the highest copy of the clip go to your FX and discover the VisionColor LUT Plugin. Apply it and cargo any LUT of your alternative.
- Change Transparency Now merely change the opacity (transparency) of the highest copy of the clip. This neat little trick works for all different results too. Have enjoyable!
How to Use VisionColor OFX Plugin
- Download from the download link down below and install the VisionColor OFX plugin.
- Start Sony Vegas Pro and open your project.
- Select the clip in the timeline you want to color correct.
- Go to “Video FX” on the timeline and select “VisionColor OFX.”
- In the “VisionColor OFX” window, you can select the LUT you want to apply from the drop-down menu.
- Adjust the strength of the LUT and other color correction parameters as desired.
- Preview the results in the preview window and make additional adjustments as necessary.
- When you are satisfied with the results, click “OK” to apply the LUT to the clip in the timeline.
Note: It is recommended to use the LUTs in the later stages of the color grading process to get the best results.
VisionColor OFX LUTs System Requirements
- Working System: Microsoft Home windows 10, 8/8.1, Home windows 7.
- Processor (CPU): Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz) Or Above.
- Graphics Playing cards (GPU): PCI Specific graphic accelerator supporting DirectX 9.0, Intel HD Graphics or above.
- Reminiscence (RAM): 2 GB required for Vista, Home windows 7 and Home windows 8/8.1.
- Onerous Disk House: 10 MB for product set up.
How To Set up VisionColor OFX LUTs
- Extract the RAR file and set up the plugin.
- Copy the serial key from the serial key folder and activate the app.
- All Accomplished.
The file you obtain is password protected and the password is www.tech4hunt.com